For the dream chasers, go getters, planning obsessives and all round awesome people.
The story (so far)
The adventure began when my two best friends bought me a small set of watercolour paints and some pretty papers for my birthday in 2016. They had been surprised when I revealed that I used to be ‘quite crafty’ and almost went to art school rather than to study politics. (Bit different, I know)
And i will be forever grateful for this gift, as it was just the nudge i needed to get creative again.
The moment I picked up a paintbrush again after years of neglecting that part of me I was once again hooked. Like a long line of dominoes, one idea led to the next. And before I knew it, I had opened an Etsy shop and signed up to do a local art exhibition.
Now this is not one of those stories of instant, overnight success – it has taken me a long time and a lot of failures to even get to this point. But I don’t think I would change any of it.
I began with selling original artworks – which was great but I soon got other ideas. How about turning my art into everyday items like cards and stationery? And, because I love a quote – why not add those in too.
After lots of trials, plenty of errors and just enough successes to stop me from throwing in the towel, this is where we are. And I’m still just side hustling alongside my full time job – with the big dream of doing all this full time one day.
So thank you, thank you, thank you for reading this right now, visiting my site and checking out my designs, and for every like, follow, kind comment and order. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate every single one.
Sustainable design is also a big part of my business.
I have no desire to create something which is harmful to the planet.
You’ll see that there is information on sustainability on each product in the descriptions, but just so you know…
- my notebooks and cards are made from recycled paper and are printed with vegetable oil based inks. (and by the way – you will never know the difference)
- my prints are made with FSC certified paper or a bamboo based paper (bamboo is super sustainable as it grows back really quick)
- you won’t find any plastic packaging. I send everything out in cellophane (which is biodegradable, hooray!) in recyclable, and often recycled, boxes and envelopes
- my home studio is supplied by 100% renewable energy
- I also work with production partners who share these values and who also have good environmental policies in place
- everything is also proudly made in Britain – so it doesn’t have too far to travel
There is more to be done I’m sure – there always is. But it’s not a bad start.
Want something bespoke?
Lets do it!
If you’re after something bespoke or personal please ask. I love a project.
Whether its original art you're after or some special stationery - please drop me a line on email@example.com
“I commissioned Rebecca to make a very important panting for me for a wedding present. She followed the brief perfectly and checked up through the process to make sure she was on track. I LOVE the painting she created - it is the perfect gift for my chum on her most special of days. Utterly brilliant. Couldn’t have asked for more.”
I love to talk about issues facing small businesses and my experience of being a side hustler. So please get in touch if you want ot chhat.
I have previously written for Enterprise Nation and been featured in the Sunday Times and Chartered Management Institute.